Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Perfect Coffee Cake


I love coffee. So naturally I have been on a search for the perfect coffee cake recipe. My go-to for recipes is Allrecipes so after analyzing recipe after recipe, I came up with the perfect coffee cake. Lots of people have asked me for the recipes of my baked goods. Honestly, I don't make up my own recipes so I don't feel comfortable posting them as my own. But from now on I will do my best to post links of where I found the recipes. Most of the recipe websites that I use  have reviews, and I find them quite helpful.
Recipe Links:
(Note: I did not use cocoa in the batter, added 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. I also used the chocolate chips as a streusel middle)
(Note: I used the streusel part of this recipe only, added chocolate chips and replaced the cinnamon with cocoa.)
Chocolate Glaze 
 2 cups powder sugar, 4 tablespoons cocoa, 4 tablespoons oil, 4 tablespoons corn syrup, 2 tablespoons soy milk. Mix everything together in microwave safe bowl- it should be slightly thick to mix.If it is too thick to mix it, add 1 teaspoon of soy milk at at time until it is the consistency of a thin cookie dough.  Microwave for 30 seconds, until the glaze is smooth, and pourable. Pour over cooled cake.

Make sure to let the cake cool completely before turning over the bundt pan, and slide a knife around all edges to help loosen the cake.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...