Monday, March 21, 2011

Cream Filled Cupcakes- In a Jar!

The first time I saw these Cupcakes in a Jar, I fell in love. It's such an original and creative idea. So, of course I mentally filed away the idea for future use. When Purim was approaching, this idea floated towards the front of my cluttered brain. I wanted to do something a little different, hence the Cream Filled Part. But these aren't just for Purim- they definitely have the critical "wow factor" and are fun for any sort of gifts or get-togethers. 


Here's what you need to make these:

1 recipe Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake

Bake the cake according to instructions, in a 9x13. Allow to cool completely. Crumble the cake- I used a food processor fitted with the knife blade. Fill a clean 8 ounce jar about 1/3 of the way with cake crumbs. Fill a pastry bag (fitted with just a coupler) with cream. Pipe a ring of cream around the perimeter of the inside of the jar, and then fill in the middle. Top with more cake crumbs. Freeze until solid. Make the chocolate glaze, and add a few tablespoons of water to make it extra thin. Pour on top of crumbs. Use remaining cream to make the signature "Squiggly". Tie a ribbon around and enjoy!

13 comments:

  1. Wow, those look so pretty! They would make great favors for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! I've gotta come for shabbos now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, these look like a really funky and different way of presenting a cupcake! more like a present! will have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea, and SO pretty. I am bookmarking this for next Purim. Just might be my next shalach manos! (Thanks for stopping by my blog: to answer your question - I use a canon digital rebel with a 50mm / f1.8 lens. I've been working really hard on my photos over the past few months, so I really appreciate your kind words! Thanks for stopping by.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rivki- they are really nice- your pics! The lighting is perfect. Always a pet peeve of mine since I can only take pics at night...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a neighbor of yours..though you don't know me. Your stuff is so great and so professional!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really? Thats embarrassing- its not that big of a block!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not embarrassing at all!

    you can email me if you want.. tembowblog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so flipping cute!!!! I want one now! hehe

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the idea! what type of cream? and where did u find those jars!!! very pretty! i wouldn't mind digging in~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...