Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Little S Monkey!

My little baby turned two this weekend. It sounds so cliche but I cant believe it's been two years since he joined our little football team. This kid has 20 years of personality crammed into this teeny tiny body. It boggles my mind. I really had my heart set on this adorable teddy bear cake in honor of my cutie pie's birthday. But alas, I had my first, honest to goodness cake FLOP. Seriously. It was so bad I couldn't even laugh about it and take pictures. So bad, I just slid down on the floor and practiced breathing. Ok, maybe it wasn't that bad, but it was so sad. And I had strep to boot. And it was 10pm. But no way will any of my children have a bakery cake on their birthday so I forged ahead ( with my germ mask firmly in place) and whipped together something yummy for my yummy boy. 
Seriously, this kid is a cute one.
 Here's what I came up with:

I love you S-Monkey.
 (Even when you leave cookies in my bed and cupcakes in my shoes.)




5 comments:

  1. I admire your perseverance. Although we NEVER buy bakery cakes, I probably would have 'caved' in your situation. You definitely get the Mommy Award this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids would have gotten duncan heniz's cupcakes! That cake is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful Cake! You are an awesome mother!!!! you have lucky kids :) I wonder if I would have come out different if I had a mother like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having witnessed the "FLOP" i gotta say you handled it quite well :)

    Big D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great save! This is WAY better than what my oldest son got for his 2nd birthday. I was quite pregnant and doing remodeling. He got brownies with a candle. =0( I've been making up for it ever since.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...