Monday, May 16, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

I hate to be a bandwagon jumper. Although I was a huge Red Wings fan in '97 and '98 and kind of drifted away since, that doesn't mean anything right? Anyways, back to the bandwagon thing. I read way too many food blogs, and I noticed that there are lots of trends that keep popping up. And I'm not talking about whoopie pies and cupcakes. But recipes and flavors that jump from blog to blog. Its fun, but sometimes I like to be unique, ya know? So here we are with peanut butter and chocolate. The subject of many a blogs nowadays. What can I do? Its basically the best flavor combination ever so how can I not blog about it?I would be depriving you of a matter of great importance. So to be clear. I am not going to wax poetic about the joys of peanut butter and chocolate. I am not jumping on the blogging bandwagon. I am merely providing you with a flavor combination that is essential to your palate. 
Got it? Good.
Oh yeah, and these are also perfect for hungry little grizzlie bears who are waiting for their dinner. 

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons margarine
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400° F. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugars, salt, peanut butter and margarine. Mix until it resembles coarse crumbs. In a seperate bowl, mix the milk,eggs and vanilla, until smooth. Gently add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, being careful not to overmix. Add the chocolate chips. Bake for 15-17 minutes. Makes 18 medium muffins. 

6 comments:

  1. I love those grizzly bears!! mwaaa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds heavenly. I think I gotta try these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these and they were a huge hit! thnx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just made these for Sukkos - can't wait to taste them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I wanted to make this in to a loaf instead of muffins, what changes would you suggest? I love muffins but I don't have a muffin tin (poor college student here). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie- I dont have much experience making loaf pans, but I would feel comfortable using a loaf pan instead of muffin tins- just bake it for a bit longer. It would probably be 20-25 minutes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...